The AIAA CFD Transition Modeling Discussion Group will organize the first AIAA Transition Modeling and Prediction Workshop on 13-14 June 2020, in conjunction with the AIAA AVIATION Forum in Reno, NV. All stakeholders are cordially invited to be a part of the workshop, which aims to:
- Assess the current state of the art in laminar-turbulent transition prediction in an industrial CFD environment
- Determine and document the best practices for transitional flow simulations
- Verify transition and turbulence model implementations, and
- Encourage risk-taking by participants, and to promote improvements to CFD prediction capabilities
This workshop is modeled after the AIAA Drag Prediction Workshop (DPW) and High-Lift Prediction Workshop (HiLiftPW) series. The primary test case will be the natural-laminar-flow variant of the Common Research Model (CRM-NLF) developed by NASA, and additional verification cases will be studied as well. A full description of all test cases, along with additional details of this workshop are available here.
Previous DG Meetings:
- SciTech 2019, San Diego, CA (Jan 9, 2019): Charts available here